Nicky Romero Shows:
Nicky Romero Profile Details:
- DJ Name
Nick Rotteveel, Protocol Radio
Dutch DJ, record producer and remixer
About Nicky Romero on House Party Radio
Dutch DJ Nicky Romero became one of the biggest names of the EDM boom during the 2010s, thanks to his ambitious yet accessible productions that fused progressive house with pop. Following early-career remixes of tracks by artists like David Guetta and Hardwell, the video for his single "Toulouse" became a viral hit in early 2012, and he broke through a year later with "I Could Be the One," his U.K. chart-topping collaboration with Avicii. Since then, he's become a major attraction at festivals, including Coachella, Tomorrowland, and Ultra Music Festival. He's also co-produced songs for major pop stars like Rihanna and Britney Spears, in addition to collaborating with Chic's Nile Rodgers on the 2015 single "Future Funk." Romero runs the successful Protocol Recordings label, as well as its Protocol Radio podcast.
Nick Rotteveel was born in the province of Utrecht in the Netherlands in 1989. Early experience as a drummer in a marching band helped develop his gift for rhythm, and by his teens he was playing a mixture of R&B and house tracks to appreciative Dutch audiences. In 2008, he began to issue club-oriented instrumentals on small labels such as the fledgling Once Records, before going on to sign tracks to larger labels like Toolroom and Spinnin'. David Guetta soon took notice and e-mailed Romero out of the blue with a request for him to remix a track that he was working on. The pair finally met up during a Guetta DJ set in Ibiza and struck up a close friendship that eventually led to the award-winning Frenchman tutoring Romero in the art of merging pop aesthetics with club music. There was an increase in press attention when Romero's remix of Guetta's Kelly Rowland collaboration "When Love Takes Over" began to circulate in 2009. Further support from fellow Dutch DJs such as Hardwell and Fedde Le Grand led to much more remix work in 2010, including a Romero revamp of Kylie Minogue's "All the Lovers."
- Avicii Vs Nicky Romero - I Could Be The One last played 11 hours, 3 minutes, 24 seconds ago - Buy on Amazon
- Avicii & Nicky Romero - I Could Be The One last played 2 weeks, 3 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes, 23 seconds ago - Buy on Amazon
- Nicky Romero - Why Do I Call last played 1 month, 1 week, 12 hours, 39 minutes, 54 seconds ago - Buy on Amazon
- Nicky Romero & Almero X Robert Miles X Joel Corry X RAYE X David Guetta - So Much BED Children Love (CRIMINAL NOISE & JOHNNY DE CITY MASHUP) last played 1 month, 3 weeks, 5 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes, 23 seconds ago - Buy on Amazon
- Nicky Romero - Why Do I Call
last played 5 months, 21 hours, 38 minutes, 21 seconds ago - Buy on Amazon
Related Artists to Nicky Romero that also played on House Party Radio